Skip to main content
The Official Web Site of the State of South Carolina


You can use weatherstripping in your home to seal air leaks around movable building components, such as doors or operable windows. For stationary components, caulk is the appropriate material for filling cracks and gaps.

Before applying weatherstripping in an existing home, you will need to detect the air leaks and assess your ventilation needs to ensure adequate indoor air quality.

Weatherization Assistance

Weatherization assistance is offered by states; eligibility requirements vary. Find out how to apply for weatherization assistance.

Find an Energy Auditor

The Energy Office does not offer residential energy audits. Visit RESNET or the Building Performance Institute to find an auditor near you.